The shortest ingredients ever for such healthy dish, perfect idea for lunch.
Using salt and pepper spices only while cooking , is not a bad idea. It is risky , especially for those who prefer their dish or food to be with many flavors using different spices .
Cooking the vegetables on high fire with a bit of olive oil takes your plate to completely different level of taste. No need for lot of spices , let the hot grilled pan with some olive oil make their magic and caramelize the outer surface of the broccoli and the onion. It is ideal to serve vegetables with piece of meat.
- Head of Broccoli
- 1 medium red onion
- Roast beef steak ( or any kind of steak)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- slice the head of broccoli from the stem end into thick steaks and cut a medium onion into two halves.
- Preheat the roasting pan on high fire ( not the highest). Arrange all the broccoli steaks and the onion , drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using your hands, toss the vegetables so that all of them are evenly coated.
- Roast until the broccoli steaks and the onions are slightly brown and tender, turning them once or twice to avoid sticking, about 30-40 mins . After that, turn off the fire and let them rest a little , before serving.
- During this time 6 mins we will prepare our beef steak ( medium well cooked).
- Preheat the roasting pan on high fire , Add the steak to a hot pan and add some black pepper.
- Turn it every minute to make sure you get a really even cook steak.
- Once cooked to your liking, let the steak rest on a plate and sprinkle some salt.
- All is ready to be served warm.