Hello !! Today i made delicious Lacto fermented Salsa with some spices 🙂 Its spring time , we looove grilling parties , especially when weather got warm. One of the main essential element to any grill is the SAUCE ! I used to use Katchup as a sauce to the grilled meat , but who knows what is the percentage of the tomato , was the tomato washed well before doing this sauce or not , ect.. I came up to an idea , why dont i make my own sauce , with my ingredients i can make a healthy , tasty and a bit spicy 🙂
We eat and drink lot of fermented foods , such as Kefir , Joghurt and fermented Salsa is one of the easiest way to get the benefits of fermented food ( Vitamin C , fatty acid , lots of enzymes that helps in digestion process)
Thanks to the fermentation process, our salsa sauce will be bit acidic , concentrated , aromatic and full of flavors.
We will need the below:
- 2 kgs tomato cut into medium to pieces.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- chopped fresh dill plant (optional)
- chopped yellow and red pepper ( optional)
- 4 tps of salt
- 4 tps of black pepper powder
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cleaned Medium size Jars
- You can add hot pepper chopped if you like
- Put the tomato in bowl and add salts with pepper. With a wooden spoon , stir the tomatoes well , in order to make sure that the salt and pepper are spread well. Leave it then to rest for 15 minutes.
- You will notice, that the tomatoes started to give juice . Thanks to the salt 🙂
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the tomatoes and stir all the mixture well.
- Add the mixture to the jar and make sure to give a gentle press to the tomatoes in the jar. I use the back of the spoon too press and this will give more juice.
- Remember not to close the jar tight. In couple of days the fermentation process will begin , so make sure to not to lock the jar hard.
- Put the jars in warm place to ferment and it will b ready from 4 days to 3 weeks time depending on how much acidic you want your sauce. Then you can put it in the fridge . Enjoy !