Apple pie is one of my favorite. I have for you recipe for healthy, fit apple pie that taste amazingly!!!
For the dough:
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour (you can grind buckwheat yourself or use other flour like oat flour or spelled flour)
- 3/4 cup of rice flour
- 3 spoons of corn flour (or potato flour)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 80 gr. of butter
- 80 gr. of coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons of paste from dates (pour hot water on dates, when they will be soft remove water and blend the dates)
For the filing:
- 1 kg of apples
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 3 spoons of paste from dates
- 1 spoon of agave syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- raisins (optional)
Mix all the ingredients for the dough and knead it well. Divide it into 2 parts 2/3 and 1/3 and cover with foil. Place it in the freezer for 1,5h. Peel of the apples and cut it in cubes. Put them into a pot, add water and simmer until they are a bit soft (about 10 min). Add dates’ paste, cinnamon and raisins and stir well. Cool it down.
Get out bigger part of the cake from the freezer and cut it or shred it into pieces. Form the bottom of the cake and the sides from the shreds in the baking tray (I used 22 cm diameter form (8,6 in). Make holes in the bottom with a fork. Place in the preheated oven for 15 min in 180 C (356 F). Get out tray from the owen. Place the apples filling on the half baked dough. Get out of the freezer remaining portion of dough and shred it on the top of the cake. Bake for another 8-10 min. Wait until cool down or eat warm. I know it can be hard to resist:-D
I served it with a piece of dark chocolate melted with a spoon of coconut milk on top.