Classic roast beef recipe, well marinated and slowly roasted at low heat , brings this meat to perfection in cooking and as well in flavors. Preparation took me exactly 26.5 hours ( 24 hours for marinating the meat , 2.5 hours cooking). Cut in thin slices and you can make sandwiches with some chips 🙂
We will need 2 kg of Roast Beef meat (pick an end cut with a layer of fat if you can).
Ingredients for marinating the meat:
- 5 tbsp of garlic powder
- 5 tbsp of onion powder
- 4 tbsp of smoked pepper powder
- chopped coriander
- 4 tbsp of red hot pepper powder.
- 1 cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rub well the meat with olive oil and make sure it spreads all cover the meat . This will help the species to stick easily to the meat during margination process.
- Add all the ingredients for margination to the meat and gently spread it all over the beef.
- Cover well the meat with foil or plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 24 hours.
- After that, Preheat your oven to 392 °F (200°C).
- Cook the beef (fat side up ) initially at 392 °F (200°C) for half an hour to brown it. Thanks to this the meat after cooking will be juicy from inside.
- Then lower the heat to 225°F (107°C) and cover the meat with foil while cooking in the oven. The beef should take from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours to be well cooked.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 20 to 40 minutes.
- Once it is cooled down , use a sharp knife to cut thin slices .
- You can store in the fridge.