Polish and Indian cuisine fusion? Sounds strange… but it’s absolutely amazing! 🙂 We took classic polish dish recipe and spiced it up with some masala and chili. Together with mushroom sauce, it created full of flavors and textures dish that you can freeze and serve anytime you like. Enjoy!
Dumpling Dough ingredients:
250 g flour all purposes
1/2 cup of water
Ingredients for the filling :
1/2 kg minced meat ( you can use pork chicken or beef meat)
2 medium onion chopped well
4 fresh garlic chopped well
4 tsp Turmeric
4 tsp red hot chili powder
3 tsp masala
chopped fresh Parsley
2 medium size tomatoes chopped ( seeds removed from inside)
3 cups of olive oil
Ingredients to the Sauce:
1/2 kg mushroom chopped
1 cup of water
salt and red chili powder
For the filling:
- Heat a pan and add onion, garlic until golden color. Then add 2 tsp Turmeric, hot chili powder, and masala to it and stir all component gently on low fire for 2 mins.
- Add this mixture to minced meat with chopped parsley, tomatoes, 2tsp turmeric, and salt. Mix all the ingredients well. Leave it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Now we prepare the dumpling dough ( Polish Perogies):
- Well, mix all of the ingredients (flour with water and salt). Knead the dumplings dough for 5 min until soft and not sticky to your fingers. Add more flour if needed. Roll up the dough on a table board until it is about 2mm thick.
- Cut out circles from the dough. You can use a drinking glass for this purpose. In the middle of every circle, place a portion of the filling (about 1 teaspoon).
- Fold the dumpling dough, forming a semicircle. Seal the dumpling semicircle by pressing on their edges with your fingers. It is important not to excessively add filling cause the edges will be too small to seal.
- Boil lightly salted water. Throw the dumplings one by one to cook. Stir not to let them stick to the bottom.
- After few minutes the dumplings will float to the surface. They should cook for 6 more minutes from this time. When ready, drain off the dumplings.
To add goldish color to the surface of the dumplings, you can fry them in a hot pan with butter or olive oil for a couple of minutes. This will make the surface bit crunchy.
To prepare red pine mushroom sauce ( In Polish: Rydz Grzyb), after washing well, cut into small pieces and fry in a hot pan with olive oil for 10 minutes. Add a cup of water, salt, and some chili powder and let it cook for additional 10 minutes.
Serve dumplings hot with red pine mushroom sauce.