Here is a great way to use up leftover roast chicken meat with skin and vegetables. The pie is a mixture of flavors , you can add for example cheese. It is really delicious dish to surprise your family or your guests. It is ideal for Lunch and dinner.
The recipe serves 4 people.
- 150g frozen or cooked vegetables ( i used broccoli, beans and carrot)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 5og plain flour
- 450ml hot milk
- chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 300g cooked chicken ( , cut into chunky little pieces.
- 50 g chopped chicken skin. ( if you have left sausage or ham, you can also use)
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pan over low heat, add the chopped onion, garlic and the chicken skin ( Ham/ sausage) . Cook until the golden color for these ingredients.
- Remove the pan from heat , stir in the flow and pour in a little milk. Stir gently the flour and mix well with the milk.
- Put the pan again on very low fire and pour in the rest of the milk. Stir well. Add salt ,pepper and chopped parsley.
- Add to the mixture, the vegetables and the chopped chicken. cook all for 6 minutes on low fire.
- Divide the mixture among four 300ml pudding basins.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out four large lids ( bigger than the pudding basin).
- Preheat the oven to 200c, then bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot and enjoy your meal !!