Make your very own homemade tomato soup with this delicious tomato soup recipe with fresh basil leaves.
- 1kg fresh tomatoes ( cut into slices)
- 1 onion ( cut into slices)
- 1 carrot
- 1kg Chicken
- 2 squirts of tomato purée (about 2 tsp)
- 2 bay leaves
- Handful of fresh basil leaves ( keep some of them for decoration)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt , chilli and pepper for taste
First, heat the Owen (grill option) and place the vegetables (onion, garlic, sliced tomatoes, celery & carrot) inside for 30 minutes. The vegetables will be slightly grilled from the outside.
In a medium size pot, add water, chicken &bay leaves. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
After that, add the slightly grilled vegetables to the soup and the tomato purée. Let them all cook together for additional 1 hour. Add salt , chilli and pepper for taste.
Add the fresh basil leaves and blend all the soup gently.
Serve hot. Soup works very well with focaccia bread! 🙂