I do always love the soup with strong taste and aroma of different spices. Doing a soup is not so easy as it may sound. In fact, it is hard to make a soup where you feel the taste of every single ingredient and the combination of all flavors together. That’s the challenge today. I like very much sea food. From time to time, I feel like to eat fresh fish, shrimps or shells. Maybe, because it reminds me of time in my life where I used to spend every summer on the sea with family. The smell of the sea, eating and gathering altogether with family. Food is always connected to a memory. It might be a good or bad memory. I want to share a dish related to a good memory in my life, that’s why I decided to make an easy shrimp soup with macaroni and vegetables. The only thing I added is a sour yogurt, well you need to try it coz it is delicious !!
- 500 grams of whole fresh shrimps ( including head of the shrimp)
- mixed vegetables ( I used carrot, broccoli)
- 5 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup of curly pasta
- Pour the fresh shrimps to a large pot and mix with olive oil, pepper, curry, and salt. Let it cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 5 cups of water to the mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low for 40 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and pasta together to the mixture and stir occasionally. Let all cook for additional 20 minutes
- Now add the plain Greek yogurt and stir well for 10 minutes.
- Soup is ready, you can serve to a soup bowl and add on the top fresh coriander leaves to add a fresh taste.
Hope you like it!