- 3 pealed cloves of garlic
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 2 big cups of yellow Lentil
- 2 spring onions
- 1 fresh tomato
- 3 medium size carrots
- Chopped lemongrass
- Salt , black pepper and chili
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- Place the Pan over a high heat, then pour in the yellow lentil with tomato , onions , garlic , lemongrass and ginger. Pour water till it covers the mixture . Bring it just to the boil, then turn down very low and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Salt , black pepper and chili (optional) and give it a good stir.
- Keep observing the mixture getting cooked on very low fire, once you notice the yellow lentil gets more gold and floating on the top, that means it is well cooked.
- You can use either Immersion Hand Blender or a food mixer to give the mixture a well mix.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil and stir well the soup on low fire for 10 mins.
- Your soup is ready to be served. I personally like to serve my soup with Crusty pieces of bread and lemon.