Eggplant Dip is also known as Baba ganoush, one of my favorite Mediterranean dishes. It always reminds me of my childhood, because it is my grandma recipe. Baba ganoush is just basically grilled eggplant blended up with lemon juice, tahini and sea salt. You can serve it with bread, grilled meat or fish.
- 2 large eggplant.
- 1⁄4 cup tahini, plus more as needed.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more as needed.
- Handful fresh Parsley.
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Let’s do it :
- Use the fork to make holes in the eggplant, so that the water inside evaporates easily.
- Put the eggplants in the oven and use the grill option until soft, then allow to cool, before you put it in the fridge for 30 mins. This process is important because it allows the water to get out of the eggplant and to make sure the sauce which we are preparing won’t be watery.
- Cut the eggplant into 2 halves, remove the liquid and then use the spoon to remove all the eggplant pulp to a round bowl.
- Purée the eggplant in a food processor with the lemon juice, tahini paste, garlic clove, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Add parsley ( chopped into small pieces). Don’t chop it all, keep some for final decoration. After that place the mixture in the fridge for half day. Thanks to this, the flavors will well together.
- Serve it on a plate and add some fresh chopped parsley on the top for decoration.