Simple and easy way of doing homemade yellow cheese at home. Pure creamy milk, 100% natural , tasty and very healthy.
- 3 liters of non-pasteurized pure creamy milk.
- ¼ spoon calcium chloride in ¼ cup of warm water.
- ¼ spoon Rennet in ¼ cup of warm water.
- Basket Mould
- Warm up the milk to 28-29 Celsius (i.e. 82.4 - 84.2 Fahrenheit).
- Add ¼ spoon calcium chloride solution and give it a good stir.
- Add the Rennet solution and stir gently for 1 minute.
- Leave the milk rest for at least 1 hour. During this time, the milk will be converted to cheese and Whey (highly recommended drinking, as it contains high amount of Protein).
- After one hour, start to cut the cheese into small squares with knife and stir for few minutes.
- Separate the cheese from the whey by using the cheesecloth.
- Place the cheese to the cheese basket mold. Since I don’t have a pressing machine to press the cheese, I will use 2 cups of water and it will do the job. If you have the pressing machine, so you can use it.
- Remove any excessive water from the cheese, then Place it in the fridge for 1 day.
- Place the cheese in a bowel of water and salt for one day , then place the cheese in the fridge to dry.
- In 4 days time , the cheese is ready for serving.