For the bottom:
- 1 egg
- 90 ml of milk
- 30g of coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 10g of cocoa powder
- 30g of chocolate 75% of cocoa minimum
- 25g of coconut oil
- 30g of coconut sugar or other sweeteners
For the cheese layer:
- 1 kg of cream cheese
- 200 g of coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 350 g of pumpkin puree
- 1 ts of vanilla flavor
- 1 ts of cinnamon
- 1/2 ts of ginger
- 2 tbs of potato starch
Ingredients for topping:
- 200 g of sour cream
- 2 tbs of xylitol (or other sweetener)
- 1 ts of vanilla essence
1.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (356 F).
2. Divide yolks and egg whites. Add milk to the yolks and stir well.
3. Melt chocolate and coconut oil, cool down a little and then slowly pour the butter (we don’t want eggs to scramble:-).
4. Add flour, cocoa and baking powder.
5. Whisk egg whites with half of sugar and add them slowly to the batter.
6. Grease baking mold (I used 22 cm diameter) and pour the batter in it. Bake for 10-15 min until toothpick is almost dry. Cool down.
7. Secure the bottom of the baking mold with foil. Wrap it well so the water don’t get inside. Pour water inside baking tray in the oven till it will reach 1/3 of the baking mold. If your ovens baking tray doesn’t allow it use another bigger baking mold filled with water.
8. Place cheese in a mixer and mix it on medium speed for few minutes.
9. Add all the ingredients one at a time, mixing after you add each of them.
10. Pour the cheese mixture on the baked bottom and place it in the oven for 15 min in 170 degrees Celsius.
11. Lower the temperature to 15 degrees and bake for another 1,5 hour until golden on the top. Middle of the cheese layer can be still a bit soft.
12. Cool down and then refrigerate overnight.
13. Mix the ingredients for the frosting. Spread the frosting on the cake. You can decorate it as well with pieces of dark chocolate.